Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Class Discussion about Ground Zero

I thought the class discussion went well. Many good points were brought up that helped me get a different perspective on the situation. At first I was more against it because of the fact of why that location? But toward the end I chose to be in the middle. I think that people have to be really open minded about these type of issues. For instance, if it was built then there is bound to be some sort of problem but if we didn't allow them then America would not be America. You could play the "what if" game all day that's why I changed my mind to being in the middle. I think it was Alex who brought up a good point about how there was a mosque built near the twin towers before 9/11 happened and is still there, but no one cares about that one. I think it's just the fact of building the mosque after the event is like a slap to many Americans. Many American's are agianst it, even muslim people don't favor it but now I say, just let them build it if they want. They have freedom of religion and America is all about freedom. The media made a big deal out of it so that's why people are so parnoid. Even though I disagree with building it, I say go ahead because if we don't let them build it, then in a way the real terrorist would have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment