Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reflection On Immigration Reform

Immigration is obviously a problem that America struggle with. We need a solution and even though we didn't come up with a solution, I got a better understanding of the problem. Lots of people gave good points during the discussion and everyone contributed. I liked Alex idea of trying to solve immigration. He said instead of trying to fix it in America, we should tackle it in the actual country. I thought that was an interesting point. I also think that everyone agreed that the Dream Act should be passed because it's a good bill allowing educated immigrants to obtain citizenship. I think we need to establish a mean of allowing certain immigrants and making overs leave. We do need immigrants but certain ones. We should make a system of picking out who we want in America. But overall, like you said Palo, we can argue about this topic but in the end, not everyone will be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment